- 05 May
We're seeking an upbeat, hard working individual who is enthusiastic about helping others by giving the gift of a health and vitality in the form of fresh-pressed organic juice! The right person for this job will share an interest in the culinary arts and feel inspired to explore their curiosities in a large kitchen space. Opportunities to manage operations and production are also on the table!
There is no juicing experience necessary for the position, but a general understanding of how to safely prepare fruits, vegetables and navigate throughout an industrial sized kitchen space is desired. This position is for someone with endurance who enjoys being active, on their feet, and working quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Juicey Lucy's always appreciates employees with a sense of humor who maintain a positive attitude, interact with coworkers and clients, while keeping their cool when the job gets tough! Possible opportunities for a managerial position at a quickly expanding company.
Monday–Friday early mornings from 6:00 AM – about 10:00 AM (sometimes earlier)
Wednesday Farmers' Market (6–8 hour shifts)
Saturday Farmers' Market (6–8 hour shifts)
Sunday Farmers' Market (6–8 hour shifts)
- Must have a driver license
- Comfortable driving a large van in the city
- Ability to comfortably lift at least 50–60 Ibs.
- Vibrant individual eager to learn about juice alchemy
- No previous juicing experience necessary
- Someone with flexible hours who enjoys early morning shifts
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Punctual and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Health conscious and reliable
- Washing and preparing 100% organic produce for juicing
- Pressing juice using correct proportions and alchemy
- Assisting manager in producing and packing juice orders for delivery
- Setting up in kitchen for production in mornings
- Breaking down and cleaning up dishes and juicer after production
- Working quickly and efficiently to produce orders for customers
- Maintain a positive attitude working in a team setting
If you don't enter the JLu team with knowledge about nutrition, you will certainly leave with it! We are passionate about what we do and we love inspiring each other through a healthy lifestyle. WARNING: Our JLu team members are notorious for developing juice addictions and many have found their minds and bodies transformed through the power of physical activity and drinking nutrient rich juice! With time at Juicey Lucy's you will see a more radiant, vibrant, and all around healthier version of yourself!
We look forward to meeting you!
- 07 Apr
You are cruising through your week, juggling responsibilities, pushing yourself too hard at times, and perhaps not sitting down to nourish yourself with sufficient nutrients. Your body says, "I'm tired, I'm hungry, I need mental calm." You hear it, but you don't always listen. Wednesday rolls around and the voice is getting a little louder, but you've got things to do. After all, tending to the relationship you have with yourself first fees, well, secondary at times. If your mind, body and spirit are not getting what they need, the problem doesn't go away. The language in which the body communicates just gets louder.
The cycle of living with a chronic "dis-ease," is not only debilitating but it can feel as though the problem is beyond your control. The myth is that we don't have the power to heal and be healthy on a whole level. If feels like a big impossible task to take on, but it only feels that way because you have never fully committed to the journey of healing.
The migraine, is one of the most commonly misdiagnosed health ailments. In western medicine, we understand the scientific definition of a migraine, which is: a chronic neurological disorder characterized by recurrent headaches. Treatment through medication is administered to mask the pain as opposed to addressing the problem at its source. No wonder those who experience migraines feel frustrated.
Ayurveda looks at the migraine as a more deep rooted health issue. Could the problem actually be more of an expression of a sensitive nervous system and impaired digestion? A sensitive nervous system can lower your internal container of resistance to stress. Instead of numbing your migraine, think about treating it at the root.
External stress factors, at times, are inevitable, but the internal reservoir of our health that stems from a place of self nourishment and self connection will give you a heartier foundation. Enhancing your body's ability to digest will help to cleanse, restore and nourish your body back into a balanced state. So where do you begin?
Begin with listening to your body. Create a relationship with yourself that treats your inner health needs as you would treat the needs of a child. When you inner wisdom is whispering that it needs rest, nourishment and peace find a way to provide it with those things. The migraine is your body trying to take care of itself when you just won't listen.
Start by taking these easy steps first:
1. Avoid all processed foods
2. Drink more water
3. Drink Fresh-Pressed Juice Daily
4. Self massage daily to calm the nervous system and stimulate the lymphatic system so that toxins can move through the body and more easily be eliminated.
5. Breathe. Deep breathing oxygenates the blood. Have you ever felt that pulsating sensation during a migraine? The blood in your brain is not flowing at ease, so breath more and free those channels.
Healing is a process. It takes time, wisdom and self love. Ask yourself if you are ready to heal your migraines. It is with effort and understanding that you will arrive at a healthier place, but you must first participate in the process.
Peace, Love and Juice!
Megan Fleming for JLu
Ayurvedic Health Educator
- 28 Mar
- 19 Mar